Sunday, July 16, 2006

My 1st camp shirt, with a side of bloodshed...

(from 5/2006)
I finished this shirt last night, err, this morning around 3! It matches the batik/denim reversible bucket hat that I made a few weeks ago. The modeling pics were taken this morning, and then we went to a family party celebrating my uncle's retirement (he worked for the same company for *41* years!!). It was at my aunt's house, and they just have an 11y/o girl, so not much in the way of toys or outdoor stuff to do for Lucas or my 2 2.5 yr old cousins either. They were all running in the house, and Lucas got tripped up by an area rug, and hit his head on the corner of the wall. I've always heard that kid's head injuries bleed a ton, and make it look worse than it is, but now I certainly believe that. So now I've been informed that cold water gets bloodstains out pretty well, and both the camp shirt and my shirt are in the washer. :) Lucas is okay, though.


Batik is from a friend, both the shirt and the hat are from KS 3079; I omitted the pocket (just a lint collector, and a PITA to sew!).


He wanted to model with the hat both ways, so here are two pics:




No comments: