Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lucas's hoodies

Lucas's beloved red hoodie, the first thing I made from the Ottobre curved raglan pattern (added hood and kangaroo pocket from KSFT), got too small on him. He was so upset, and in denial about it, but the sleeves were halfway to his elbows, and it seemed like we were ripping the poor kid's ears off to get the thing over his head (have I mentioned before that he's got a big head?). I offered to make him a new one from the same fabric, I offered to take him shopping for fabric for a new one, I let him "shop" thru my stash for a new one, and he just wouldn't. Finally told him that maybe we could give the old one to someone who would love it as much as he had, and then we'd make him a new one. That did it, so we took it to Amber's house and gave it to "Taiter Bear" to grow into (probably won't take long!) Found this gecko gamo fleece at JA's on sale, and both of the boys loved it, so YAY, finally! Made Dillon one as well, but he's hard to catch for pictures.


Here's the red one:






And the new one:


No comments: