Sunday, July 16, 2006

The *Mother* of all bags...

(from 5/2006)
...or my Mom's Mother's Day gift!


I made my Mom a bag for Mother's Day, and for once in my life, it's totally completed more than 8 hours prior to gift-giving time! It's a Swing Bag with squared base and pockets inside and out. I used AH Mother's Day fabric for the interior, and khaki cord for the outside. I used all my best "gadgets" on this bag, and made a few neat sewalong projects to go with it. It's got a key clip on one side, magnetic snap at the top, and comes with a tissue holder, matching keychain, and a cute little change purse that I put an eyelet and split ring on, so it can be clipped to the key clip in the bag. My Mom takes the train to work, so I thought the change purse would be a good place to keep her train pass. The outer pocket and one of the inner ones are both the width of the bag, and then the other inner pocket is split in half. The blue ribbon stripe on the front is Amber-inspired, and I took the pics at her house, because I love the hooks by her front door. :)


I'm thrilled with this bag, and cannot wait to make my own. This one's not really my style, but I just love it, and hope my Mom will too.








Tissue holder and keychain:




Change purse/train-pass holder:






Thanks for looking!

No comments: