Sunday, July 16, 2006

Boring but functional

A few "boring" but functional projects here.


Here's my new ironing board cover. The one it came with got sticky/gummy-ed up while in storage, so I traced the old one and made a new one. Didn't have any kind of cord to do the drawstring kind of thing the old one had, so I serged elastic all the way around it. That didn't hold it tightly enough, so I sewed lengths of elastic across the back, as you can see in the 2nd pic. It was a VERY tight squeeze to get it onto the board, but it will stay there now until I have to CUT it off to make another one.






Made placemats for the boys, Dillon's (the red/orange) still needs binding, but they've been using them and love them. I need to get some of that outdoor tablecloth stuff that WA sells off the huge rolls by the cutting table for the next set of mats, b/c I'm washing these every day or two, and it's annoying.




And some mama cloth for me. I whipped these up one night on a whim, after seeing that I was out of P&T, and didn't want to have to run to the store first thing the next morning. They're just JA's fllece and flannel, serged into rectangles, but they're working so well, I don't think I'd change anything. I think there's a few more than the picture shows, I thought I'd made either 20 or 24, so some must have been *ahem* in the wash.


No comments: