Sunday, July 16, 2006

Batik bucket hat

(from 5/2006)
I feel so accomplished right now. Not because I got so much done, but because this fabric came into my house 2 days ago, and I've already sewn it up! I'm very impressed with myself, LOL! The only other time that has happened is when I make Halloween costumes.


This is an awesome green batik that I bought from another sewing mama, denim from JAs, pattern is KS3079. I'm planning to make a camp shirt from the remaining batik, and board shorts from the denim, possibly with batik cargo pockets. It looks awesome in my head, so I'm hoping it comes out as well. Here's the beginnings, though.


Reversible bucket hat for Lucas. No modeling shot because it was 10pm by the time I got it finished. I think I might make him another, simpler (i.e. not reversible) one for outdoor time at daycare. Poor boy has such fair skin, he could really use it.




No comments: