Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fabric bowls

(from 9/2005)
My sewing moms group has been enamored of Fabric Bowls for quite some time now. Being the type of person who has difficulty sewing a straight line free-handed, I had been avoiding them for almost as long as I'd been admiring them. When I broke a needle on my serger (within an hour of coming home from a big sale at the fabric store, no less!), I had to find something to sew that didn't require the serger, so I finally tried the bowls. Now I see why so many people like them! They're pretty easy to make, although the massive amounts of satin stitching does take a while. But they're totally addicting, and I'm thrilled to have found such a great outlet for my stash of fall/Halloween fabrics!


I made the three larger ones on Saturday, and then Dillon asked me to make him the smaller one on Sunday.


No comments: