Sunday, July 16, 2006

It's a Boxer-palooza!

I found a great pattern for boxer shorts for the boys. I'd originally intended it just for Dillon, as Lucas is still in diapers. He is going potty quite often though, at least two or three times a day, so when he saw what I had made for Dillon, of course he wanted some too. I had to size the pattern's smallest size, a four, down to fit his lil 2T bum, but it works, and they both love them. The pattern is KwikSew 2179, which does actually have an open-fly, but in my mind, that just encourages "playing" by my children, so I left it out.


Here are Dillon's:






And his modelling shots:




And Lucas. He's with the DD of another sewing-mama-friend, the beautiful Miss Svea:




And then we had to get into the "holiday undies". No idea where they got this idea, but once Dillon saw this shamrock fabric, they both had to have them.






I've made Dillon about 6 more pairs since I took these pictures, and maybe three for Lucas. Also a pair for Svea (from the ever-popular ladybug flannel), and one for another friend's DS (airplane/jet flannel). I'll try to get pics of them one of these days. Dillon's just went so quickly from sewing table, onto his bum, and then into the laundry that I didn't even have the chance to take a pic!

No comments: