Sunday, June 10, 2007

Injured and overly-dramatic

Lucas (4.5y/o) fell off his bike yesterday afternoon, scraped up his left elbow really well, and screamed bloody murder for a good 25 minutes before he'd even let me LOOK at it. I only got the bandage on his 2" x 3" scrape by begging and bribing with M&Ms. When Dillon saw it, he said "Wow, Lucas, that looks like you need a sling", as Luke had been cradling his left arm like a sling would. I was inspired, and remembered Shea's SNS for her niece a week or two ago, so this morning I sewed this up for him. I think it turned out pretty cute, he's been wearing it all day (although I did tell him it would not be worn to school tomorrow, I feel silly with a kid in a sling, but with no cast), and is now laying in bed in it, and Dillon's asked several times for a sling of his own.



He looks like he's in a lot of pain, no?

No comments: