Sunday, August 06, 2006

Where I whine and ramble

I need to get some sewing done, but I'm just not feeling motivated...and you'd think that the mounds of fabric taking up space in my tiny house would be a motivator...but no, I like to look at them. What I need to do is stop buying more fabric, and stop trading for fabric. It's bad, I tell you. Hello, my name is Jessica, and I'm a certified fabric collecting junkie. Stash Game is coming up, starts next Saturday. That's when the girls on the sewing board sew as much as they can during a 4 week time period, making everything from fabric/notions that they already have. You get positive points for sewing "from stash", and negative points for buying, i.e. adding to the stash. It's been a really great motivator for me in the past, and I'm looking forward to it again (we do it 2x a year, usually Feb and Aug), but I feel like I just have no time anymore, as much as I want to, I am just too beat when we get home in the evening to do anything, and I have to get to bed, so I can get up at 5:30 and start the whole thing over again.

OK, enough moaning, time to shower and get dressed and maybe sew.

No comments: