Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cute little things...

Ever since he made little Halloween gift bags last fall, Dillon has been after me to find neat little things that he can make. After seeing the snugbug tissue holder that I made for Hannah (the one that holds bubblegum, lol), he decided that would be good. We cut 3 out in various sizes, one is just as the sewalong specifies, one is a bit narrower (leftover strip after cutting out quilt sqaures, just used what we had), and one is 2 inches wider, and I added 1" of length to each section to make it bigger. The black (motorcycles) and blue (ocean life, from the ocean/beach quilt swap at AW) worked out great, so we put snaps on them. He refused to sew the pink one (although he did iron and fold it with me), but when I sewed it up and flipped it, I realized that I didn't add enough length in one section, so the flap didn't fold all the way down, it only cam halfway. Wracked my brain on how to make it useable as it was, and decided to put eyelets in the top corners and string thin ribbon thorugh it. I tied it around the headrest of the passenger seat in my car, and it works great for holding CDs, and the smaller pocket has my Rita's card in it, lol.







TFL!!

No comments: