Sunday, January 16, 2005

Flannel crib sheet

After not being able to find any crib-sized flannel sheets for under $30/pair, I found some directions online to make a pillowcase-style crib sheet for Lucas. He rarely sleeps in his crib, but I figured I'd make the sheet anyway, just in case. We found this flannel at Joanns, and Lucas, who adores Rolie Polie Olie, thought this looked like Olie. It has velcro at one end, so he can't take it off himself. Not that he's ever tried, but the sheet looked weird and floppy on the mattress, so the Velcro really helped.


It cost me $3 for the flannel, as I bought it on "Black Friday" when JA's had flannel for $1 per yard. I already had the Velcro in my stash, but I probably paid $3 for 3 yards of it, and used about 1 yard on the sheet. So $4 for a flannel sheet isn't bad!




No comments: