Thursday, August 23, 2007

A big new bag for mama


This was a kinda-UFO that I finished last week in stash game. It's pre-patch cord/etc from JA that I've been hoarding since last year for this exact purpose. It came sewn together in strips like that, and I topstitched/quilted them to interfacing and thin fleece. I'm really loving this bag. I made it to replace a cute Avon bag that I drove into the ground last week, just cut to the same size as the old bag, and added a few inches to the handle length. I carry all my "stuff" to work, it will hold my lunch, knitting, water bottle and whatever else I for-some-reason need to haul around with me.

With a side of my unmade bed:


I intentionally cut the strips for the handles a bit crooked within the strips of the fabric, and I think it looks really neat... although I forgot to actually take a good pic of it.

No comments: